Customer throws lighter into hot pot causing explosion

A customer threw a lighter into a hot pot after dining, causing an explosion at a restaurant in southern China’s Chongqing.

The CCTV video, filmed on February 22, shows a man picking up a lighter on the floor and throwing it into the hotpot on their table before leaving with his friends.

After a while, the pot suddenly explodes and hot soup splashes out. A woman dining on a nearby table is scared and screams out loudly.

Although the hot soup splashed onto the nearby customers' clothes and the wall, no one was injured.

Despite the explosion, since there were no injuries, the restaurant owner did not call the police.