Hotpot explodes when waitress tries to take lighter out

A hotpot exploded in a Haidilao restuarant, a leading hotpot chain in China, when a waitress was trying to retrieve a lighter that a customer dropped in accidentally.

In the CCTV video, shot in Kunming City in Yunnan Province on May 5, a waitress can be seen using spoons to try to find and take out the lighter dropped into the hotpot by the customer.

However, the pot suddenly explodes with the hot soup bursting out and splashing onto the waitress and a customer.

The two injured people were sent to hospital for treatment immediately.