Thai gaming addict, 29, 'tried to poison parents after they unplugged internet'

A furious gaming addict tried to poison his own parents after they forced him to stop playing – by unplugging the internet router.

Sak Duanjan, 29, returned home drunk and started playing games on his smartphone with the volume turned up while his parents were trying to sleep at their home in Sisaket, northeastern Thailand on June 13.

Stepfather Chakri Khamruang, 52, woke up and unplugged the Wi-Fi box, attempting to stop his stepson from disturbing other people at home.

But the drunk lad instead went on a rampage - screaming swear words at his stepfather before smashing the house walls. Chakri said he had no choice but to hit him to calm him from acting aggressively.

The fight seemed to have ended when Sak went to bed. But the next morning, the young man’s mother Suban Duanjan, 51, discovered insoluble pesticides floating on the family home’s garden well while she was going to take some water for cooking rice.

The shaken mother said that she was shocked that her own son really tried to kill her and her husband.

She said: “I saw my son went downstairs and putting something on the jar around 2am. I asked him what he was doing but he didn’t answer and returned to his room. So, I let it go and went back to bed.

“I still didn’t believe that he could do this. I know that he gets angry very easily. We tried our best to deal with his anger but this time it has become too much.”

The family decided to call the local authorities for help in curbing the son’s violent behavior.

Sak then admitted he had put the poison in the family’s water supply because he was still seething after being prevented from playing his smartphone game.

The mother added: “We wanted government officers to take him for treatment at the hospital because we don’t want to live in fear wondering when he would attack us again.

‘’He plays on his phone so much, I think that’s what makes him stressed. It’s hard to stop him as he’s a grown boy now. So we have asked for help.’’